Blast From the Past

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had lived in the SF bay area while working at San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park. I had the opportunity this month to return to beautiful Marin County for a family event. I can't even begin to express how beautiful Marin County is. It it situated just north of the Golden Gate Bridge and is filled with scenic vistas and quaint communities. I lived in Golden Gate National Recreation Area's Marin Headlands when I first arrived for my job out there. I then moved to Mill Valley, where I had an apartment with a co-worker.
It was fun to spend our time visiting some of my old haunts and sampling California cuisine. I wish so badly that we could have fresh, local, and organic food here in Oklahoma...Marin County certainly has it figured out. Chris and I certainly won't turn down a good meal! We ate our way through a four day weekend and soaked up the views! We had our new baby, a Canon EOS Rebel XS, to keep us company. It's clear we still need to read the manual, but it was so much fun to click away...



Our ride for the weekend.




3 comments:

Ranger Amy said...

Wooohoo! A return to the blog! So excited, so excited! And what a phenomenal picture that camera takes! Can't wait to read about your awesome culinary experiences in CA and since!!! Welcome back to the internet!

Lauren said...

I am having issues with formatting...I need a lesson from the blog expert!

Jonny T said...

You lived the dream. You lived in the bay area. Very jealous. Pics and formatting look great!