One Hot Tamale


Tonight after work Chris and I headed north to Eric's house. He is my counterpart at work and, often, my partner in crime. Eric's lovely wife, Liz, is a master of many things...sewing, cooking, volutneering. Not owning a sewing machine, I contacted Liz recently to see if she could help me with some dress alterations. When we arrived tonight, their house smelled yummy. After I paraded around in a dress on top of my ranger pants and boots and Liz pinned me, we were set to head home. But before we could leave, Liz opened the lid on a pot on the stove to reveal the source of the divine smell in the house...and I saw what was cooking. It was a big pot of homemade tamales. Chris and I left their house with 6 tamales in a little tupperware container. I spent the drive home with the tamales on my lap, thinking about how good they were going to be. When I arrived home, I quickly prepared our plates, complete with a sprinkle of cheese and sour cream...and we were in tamale heaven! Thank you, Liz!

1 comments:

Ranger Amy said...

Oooooohhh! Delicious! Those corn husks look great and I imagine the corn melting in my mouth. I could really go for one right now! YUM!