Chris and Dave's Banana Nut Bread

Chris and my dad have a long history of dates at Starbuck's filled with long conversations over mochas and banana nut bread.  They talk about life, love, and eachother's good looks.  Over the summer I picked up a recipe card for Banana Nut Bread at Starbuck's and tucked it away in my recipe box.  This afternoon I stumbled upon it and decided to give it a shot.

I hope you can read the recipe below.  The spoon is covering up 3 bananas in the upper right.  It calls for 1/2 cup vegetable oil.  To trim a bit of fat, I used 1/4 cup canola oil and 1/4 unsweetened applesauce instead.  I do the same thing with my pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and no one knows! I wasn't paying attention and accidentally added all of the walnuts into the batter rather than sprinkling some on top and it was just fine, so I think you can do that either way...



Batter with walnuts...



Ready to bake...



Out of the oven...I blame the odd shape on top on my loaf pan...must not be big enough.  It's a Pyrex.  That also meant I had to bake it over 60 minutes to get the toothpick to come out clean, so watch out for that...



Perfect Christmas Eve Dessert.  Coffee in the French Press and Chris and Dave's Banana Nut Bread...



Chris reported that the bread tasted just like the real thing!  You should try this one, you won't be disappointed!

0 comments: