PARKEDINTHEKITCHEN

The title of this blog is a play on my occupation as a Park Ranger.  As it turns out, Chris has also taken a turn to the dark side and become a Park Ranger himself.  So, we're just one big, green and gray, happy family! When I'm not at work, I am often home, parked in the kitchen.  Back when I lived with Erin and Stephanie at Purdue I escaped to our tiny kitchen when I had big papers or projects due.  I'd rearrange everything in the cabinets or I'd cook a big meal.  Although she might deny it, Erin wasn't too far behind me.  I remember her sitting at our table shredding piles and piles of carrots for homemade carrot cake.  Now Chris and I like trying new recipes and enjoying our tried and true favorites...all of which has led me back into the kitchen.  I'd like to pretend it's a big room all to its own.  But, we live in a small loft apartment.  So, the kitchen is essentially the dining and living room, too.  Somehow we manage...thanks to tons of cabinetry and great appliances.

Where the magic happens...




On the day of our wedding rehearsal, we had an incredible lunch at Primizie Osteria in Austin. That afternoon Chris' sister, Amy, and her family, including Chris' niece, Kalyn, presented us with a wonderful wedding gift.  The bag was filled with super cool utensils and two aprons.  These were not just our average, run-of-the-mill aprons.  They were custom PARKED IN THE KITCHEN aprons!  Yep, that's right, my little blog has better aprons than your blog!  You see, Amy was kind enough to provide aprons to Kalyn, who happens to be in the Air Force in Germany.  Kalyn had decided she wanted to learn to silkscreen and used our aprons as a project.  They turned out fabulous!  Not only are they silkscreened, they have funky embroidery between the letters.

Check 'em out...



Thanks, Kalyn!  Your Aunt Lauren and Uncle Chris look pretty cool in the kitchen.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You're on fire! You're a blogging queen! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the aprons!!! You and Chris look great in them! :) And I miss your apt.! :( Thanks for the picture! :)

Lauren said...

I'm waiting for your next entry on Patio Party!

Jonny T said...

Now I can see why you are "parked in the kitchen"! It's beautiful ... great aprons too!