My Little Pumpkin

When Chris and I were discussing what we wanted to do for our wedding favors, we quickly decided that it should be something unique and, hopefully, homemade. It wasn't long before we agreed on one of our favorite things in the whole world...my "famous" pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Problem was that we were planning a wedding in Austin, Texas, almost 5 hours from our apartment kitchen in Oklahoma. We were leaving for our Sunday wedding on a Thursday and we (ok, really just me) didn't want to be worried about baking the week of the wedding. Another problem was the fact that most hotel rooms (where we planned on staying in Austin)don't have a full kitchen. I consulted my mom and Aunt Cindy, who quickly came up with a solution...Aunt Cindy and my cousin, Hannah, would bake the muffins on-site in Austin. So, I worked away to find a suitable place to stay where we could make these precious muffins. We settled on the Hancock Guest Cottage/Hancock Guest Nest, where we could be close to my mom and our bridesmaids, Erin and Stephanie....and where we'd have an oven.



It was important to find containers for our treats that were earth-friendly.  We were, afterall, getting married at the only certified organic events venue in the country! I decided on recycled, biodegradable, food-safe containers.  I purchased food-safe wax tissue to line them and ribbons to tie on the outside.  Alissa at Mew Paper Arts, who created our invitations, made sweet little stickers for an added touch.



Aunt Cindy and Hannah arrived at the cottage READY TO WORK!  Soon, they had quite a production going in the kitchen.

Muffins were prepped to bake...



And muffins were cooling...



The muffins were packed with care, all snug in their boxes...ready to share with our guests, who made the long journey to Austin...



It was a fun afternoon, filled with sweet smells and laughter.  I can't thank Aunt Cindy and Hannah enough for helping us have these special treats on our wedding day...

{jakeholtblog.com}

The muffins were a lesson learned...stick to what you want on your wedding day.  Find ways to create personal touches and to have an event that represents who you are.  Sure, they're just muffins...but, they're also a big part of our story.  My friend Erin and I have been baking them for years and sharing them with the people we love.  It was important to share them on our wedding day. These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins make anyone your little pumpkin...I guarantee it.

So, folks, isn't this where the dedicated blogger shares the recipe for the best muffins you will ever have in. your. entire. life?  I was about to, really I was...when my husband said, "WHAT? THEN THEY WON'T BE SO SPECIAL ANYMORE!"  Ok, the voice of reason HAD to step in.  For those of you interested, I'd be glad to share...just drop me a note.

Can't wait to hear from Jonny T....this one's for you, friend...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! Again, love the pictures!!! And feel so honored that I was able to be a taste tester!!! The ones for your wedding look PERFECT! Thanks for sharing!

I'm loving the posts!!!

Jonny T said...

hmmmmm ... I'm having a dilemma. I really liked Chris until he made that comment about not posting the recipe ... hahaha. I'm OK with you keeping it a secret, but it means that you MUST send me some muffins. I've heard about them, seen pictures of them, and now read about them. I can only produce so much drool, and right now there is Niagara Falls flowing from my mouth. Lovely image, I know.

Fantastic post, pictures and advice! And thanks for the shout-out ...